Sunday, September 27, 2009

ITA weekend

Hello everyone!

What a looooong weekend for the UWW Tennis Team. We left at 2pm Thursday afternoon to go to St. Paul, MN, for ITA's (a 6 hour car ride). Matches started Friday at 9am and everyone played 2 singles matches and a doubles match. Matches resumed at 9am Saturday morning with everyone playing a minimum of a doubles and a singles match depending on previous wins/losses.

Friday, I played Gina Klein from Carthage and won a close one 6-4, 6-7 (4-7), 10-5 in a super tie-break! Soon after that match I played Jenny Marayama from LaCrosse and won 6-3, 6-1. Kalla Schaefer and I then played doubles together and played Erickson/Bryan from Gustavus and won a close match 8-5.

Saturday, I played Frances Leung from Carleton and in another close match, pulled through 6-3, 6-4. In the quarterfinals, I then faced Ali O'Neal from Gustavus and she was on fire. I lost 1-6, 0-6 but at least I got a game. It was a good run for singles. Then for doubles, Kalla and I played Delagardelle/Allen from Coe and won 8-1. After, we played the #1 seeded team of Schmidt/Gudul from Carleton and unfortunately lost 6-8. It was a close match, but all-in-all, a good weekend.


This was me (left) and Megan Kasten doing a little sumo wrestling while hanging in the hotel. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment